Clara Workspace Management is on a mission to make peoples' working lives better by working hybrid.
We are in an era-defining moment in history where every business across the globe is re-evaluating hybrid work. And yet 'workspace' management is still stuck in the analogue age. We believe that through technology we can make hybrid work easy. One centralised platform for hybrid, remote & office management. One instant-book hybrid marketplace for services like cleaning, stationery and fridge-filling. One platform to build a greener, more inclusive and flexible approach to work.
We are looking for our first technical hire to join the team at exec level and work closely alongside the founder.
We are at the very start of our journey and want to build the right things, the right way. While we have a working prototype, the technology solution is a blank canvas at the moment. We are keen to be cloud-first to allow us to scale at will and experiment with adding new services quickly.
As a founding engineer, you’ll play a key role within the company, taking responsibility for the technology solution that will drive the business forward. You’ll take pride in building and developing the team that will deliver this and build a strong relationship between technology and the wider business.
Our only must-haves are possessing a hunger to solve business challenges using technology and the ability to engage with key stakeholders!
Which tools, technologies, and processes do we believe in?
- Containerised applications are the key to our technology vision allowing us to replicate production environments locally and scale services at will.
- Object-oriented code will likely form the bulk of our codebase.
- Infrastructure automation should be owned by the whole team, helping to spread the DevOps mentality across the whole technology department (and beyond).
- Testing approaches from unit testing to integration testing are key to delivering reliable and maintainable solutions.
- Quality assurance is owned by the team themselves - we believe that full cycle product ownership should sit tightly within the team.
- Agile development, using various approaches from Scrum to Elephant Carpaccio, helps us deliver software in small iterations, learning and course-correcting in the process to make sure we deliver the right improvements.
- GitHub PRs are an integral part of a core development flow - with reviews to help share knowledge and improve quality.
- Continuous delivery is the approach we will strive for - with metrics that help us optimise parts of the pipeline that need it the most.
- Teamwork and collaboration will be fundamental to the delivery of our solutions. We encourage solutionizing between the team and the wider business.
What we’re offering
- Salary negotiable based on experience + generous equity package
- Flexible approach to working hours and locations
- Access to co-working spaces with great perks
- Regular social activities + learning allowance
- External mentoring and 1:1 coaching with a leading industry expert
- The opportunity to step up to a CTO role at our next funding round